The TCHS Marching Band will kick off the 2014 season with a performance at the Mark Twain Exhibition at Adair County HS. The event will be Saturday, August 23rd. You can download an info sheet below that includes weekly rehearsal times, contest schedule, and important reminders. Let’s all get behind our Marching Cardinals as they prepare for another successful season!!!
Prizes will be awarded to the top seller of each of these fundraisers. (Friends of the Band, Message Board, Music Notes, & Cell phone Chargers)
- Clicking on this link 2014 Friends of Band will provide you with Friends of the Band sign up sheet. Please make sure to turn in your names & money no later than Aug 25 to Twalla McMahan or drop in the black box.
- Clicking on this link 2014 music note message board will provide you with “Music Notes” or Message Board sign up sheet. Please make sure to turn in your short messages and pictures (if they opt to pay the extra) no later than Aug 25 to Wendy Davis or drop in the black box.
- 10′ Charger/Sync Cable Fundraiser Begins Friday, Aug. 8 & will end on Friday, Aug. 22. Please make sure to turn in your money with order. Make all checks payable to Taylor Co Band Boosters ($25 fee for any return checks) Allow 2-4 weeks for the delivery of chargers. We will contact each student that sold cables. Band Students have the opportunity to earn a charger for them self and other prizes as well. For more information please click on the link provided. Student Incentive. Click here for the 10′ Charger/Sync Cable Flyer & Printable Order Form
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Taylor Co. Marching Band Invitational will be held on September 13, 2014 at the Taylor County High School. Show your support and become a BAND FAN!! Many different sponsorships are available! Please Click on the Link below for more information. 2014 Band Fan
The TCHS Marching Band is in need of the following items for our 2014 Marching Band season. If you or a family member/friend would like to donate any of these items, you can drop them off at the band room during band camp or at the beginning of the school year.
- Bottled Water
- Flavor Packs for Bottled Water
- 9-volt batteries
- White electrical tape
- Varios sizes of trampolines (large and small)
- Various size step ladders
Beginning this week, the Taylor County HS Marching Band will begin working on its 2014 fall show. Percussion and Color Guard Camps begin on Wednesday, July 16th. New marcher camp will be on Friday, July 18th from 9 am-noon. Full camp begins on Monday, July 21st and lasts through August 1st. Click below to download the band camp informational letter.
June 16-20 will begin the early week mini camp rehearsals for the TCHS Marching Band. The rehearsals will run from 9 am-noon each day. All those marching band members who are in town and not on vacation should attend. Students should bring their instrument, equipment, water, and wear appropriate clothing.
The Marching Band leadership retreat will be June 9-11 at Lake Cumberland State Resort. Those students attending should login to the Members Only page to download info/schedule.
Members of the Taylor County Band will be performing at the Taylor County Fair on Friday, June 6th. We will be opening the fair festivities with the National Anthem. Report time is 6:30 and performance time is 7:00 pm. Band students need to wear khaki shorts and red Taylor County shirts. There will be a short practice on Wednesday, June 4th at 3:00 in the bandroom.